Change log - April 10, 2017 - 08:42 AM
* mtouchxl.cpp: fixed compile (nw)
* Made a number of methods be const correct and static where appropriate
Also changed a few methods to return 'bool' when appropriate
* mtouchxl: stuff (nw)
* model1.cpp: I/O board isn't hooked up yet, but yes, this one is definitely bad (nw)
* i386: ignore float exceptions in debugger (nw)
* segas24.cpp: Read inputs through 315-5296
* Minor optimization. (nw)
* Parametrized device activation in truthtables. (nw)
* chihiro.cpp: converted bad CHD v4 to good v5
* Fix OS X tools build when MAME_DIR includes spaces (nw)
* (nw) Housekeeping
* (nw) Fixed validation warning.
* triforce.cpp: converted bad CHD v4 to good v5, one bad dump left, will be redumped for real
* fixed build (nw)
* New working software list additions
ibm5150: Prince of Persia v1.0 [ArcadeShadow]
ibm5170: Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, Space Quest V: The Next Mutation [ArcadeShadow]
* Games added as GAME_NOT_WORKING:
Megatouch XL 6000 [R. Belmont, AeroCityMayor, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
* meritm.cpp: Minor corrections to Game name & rom name (nw)
* Made a few random methods 'const'
* Fix VS2015 build. (nw)
* More work on 9316. (nw)
* Refactored 74715 to one device layout. Removed subdevice. (nw)
* Netlist code refactoring:
- more use of c++ features
- some CRTP in pfmtlog
- demangled code for truthtables
- use more constexpr
- rewrite main loop
- use default constructors and assignment operators were applicable.
- optimized 7448 and 9316
All of this has decreased startup time by approx. 25% to 30%. Complex netlists like pong or kidniki are parsed, analyzed and constructed in around 15 ms. Run performance has increased by about 5%.
All in all not to bad. A game like pong uses a clock of 7 MHz (after division by 2). Thats 14 MHz clock invocations. Running at over 200%, 28 MHz. On a 3.9 GHz Machine about 140 cycles/clock change.
* naomi.cpp: converted remaining bad CHD v4 to good v5, track1 and track2 length was restored based on known now data patterns
* Fixed some regressions introduced in my recent refactoring related to software lists (#2217)
This fixes crashes invoked by the following command lines
mame nes zelda
mame gamate cubeup
These had two independent causes. The first crash was a consequence of open_image_file() doing something inappropriate required by implementations of get_default_card_software(). The second crash was a failure to access image options moved outside the core_options structure.
* P2 IO port should be optional. My apologies. (#2216)
Wireless 60 (Jungle Soft / Kids Station Toys Inc) P2 IO port should be optional. My apologies.
* sg1000a.cpp: correct year for sderby2. Thanks sjy96525 (nw)
* decocass.cpp: Correct missile colors for Highway Chase and Astro Fantasia
* otomedius: add on-screen version code displayed (nw)
* New games added as GAME_NOT_WORKING:
Police Trainer 2 [R. Belmont, gamerfan, Mr. CAST, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
* Fix palette-related regressions in Konami GX games (nw)
* Fixed gtrfrk6m from booting up due to an incorrect flash card memory size. 32MB works for gtrfrk5m as well. (#2214)
* New working machine added: Wireless 60 (Jungle Soft / Kids Station Toys Inc) (#2215)
* video/zeus2.cpp: fixed compile (nw)
* zeus2: Increase input fifo empty interrupt time and start to use address for quad selection. (nw)